Magyar Nemzeti Bank, the central bank of Hungary,
announces an appointment for
in the Research Department
The Magyar Nemzeti Bank (MNB; www.mnb.hu), a member of the European System of Central Banks (ESCB), has an opening in its Research Department for highly qualified economists interested in conducting research in macroeconomics or related fields.
Responsibilities of the Research Department
- To engage in academic research and publish high quality research papers in international professional journals;
- To support economic and policymaking decisions in MNB by supporting or participating in applied research activities;
- Participate in research projects at the ESCB level.
Required qualifications and experience
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in economics or finance (those expecting to receive such a degree in a reasonable time are also considered);
- Demonstrated potential for conducting high quality research in any area of economics or finance with strong macroeconomic implications;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and cooperation skills;
- Research interest in the region and the EU;
- An excellent command of English;
- Knowledge of Hungarian is not required.
Starting date and benefits
The appointment will start at or before September 1, 2014. Salary is competitive, and depends on educational background and experience.
Applications should be submitted electronically, to the Research Department of MNB (firstname.lastname@example.org). The application package should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and at least one research paper. Applicants should arrange for three letters of reference to be emailed (email@example.com) or faxed to 36-1-429-8000.
The deadline for applications is November 29, 2013.
Selected candidates will be interviewed as a part of the pre-selection process, preferably at the ASSA meetings in Philadelphia, PA, January 3-5, 2014. Although participation in the ASSA meeting is not a necessary requirement for application, candidates are strongly encouraged to attend.
MNB is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact: Research Department, MNB, 1054 Budapest, Szabadsag ter 8-9., Hungary (fax: 36-1-429-8000; email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Website of MNB Research http://english.mnb.hu/Kutatas/research-department